Flip -a review

Flip-Martyn Bedford
Blurb "one morning fourteen year old Alex wakes up to find himself In the wrong bedroom, in an unfamiliar house, In a different part of the country. The family at the breakfast table are total strangers. And when he looks in the mirror he gets the shock of his life!
How is it possible that Alex has become another boy- a boy called Phillip, or flip? But more importantly, how will he switch back to himself again?"

I chose this book to read because I saw it had been short listed for the costa book award and it was described as a riveting psychological thriller but it wasn't. I
Was mis-sold or at Least I would have been had I actually bought the book instead of borrowing it from work.
I've read psychological thrillers before and when It's done well its highly enjoyable
And I don't feel this book quite lived up to my expectations.

It was good but not great and while I found myself Intrigued by the plot line it didn't hold my attention in quite the way a psychological thriller should. It's probably for the best that I already have another four books lined up to read after this so I won't be spending too much time mulling this over



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..