I'm all out of easy

I'm all out of easy and all I have left is hard. In a way it's been easier to allow my life to drift along directionless until the one day I wake up and wonder why the hell I'm still in a job I only sort of like five or ten
Years down the line. Some how I need to work out exactly what I want from life and find a way to get it. If only there was an app for that and instinct tells me the book of answers doesn't hold the key. But I may resort to using it if all other avenues lead to dead ends.

Easy is lying in bed until I absolutely have to get up and face the world or reading my book until work time draws urgently close and I find myself propelled out of bed to hurriedly prepare. I've had a lifetime of easy and maybe part of someone else's so present me is all about
Pushing myself and dragging my lazy sleep encumbered from beneath the warmth of my duvet and into the cold to swing a kettlebell and do more burpees that amnesty would approve of. It's about stretching and foam rolling especially when it hurts. It's about running even when cold and rain prevail and my lungs are begging me to stop. Easy has had it's time and now it's hards time to shine.
Easy is saying I can't, it's too hard? I've had enough but I've used up my allowance of These weak ass phrases and now It's time to get myself a new vocabulary, to push outside my comfort zone, to try the things I always said I couldn't and to push myself until
I actually cannot physically carry on and then push myself some more.

Easy is the comfortable little food bubbly I'd built my world around. Happily eating the same twenty or so foods and not exploring beyond that as the list of foods I wouldn't eat took me out of my comfort zone. Easy was blissfully hiding myself behind chocolate and burying emotions so deep they could never be found.
But now I'm all for trying things I said I'd never eat. Eating foods I'm still not sure i like but I know are good for me and finally putting nutrition before my narrow world view, which is now expanding.
I'm starting to see that food is not as big a deal as I always made it out to be and il either like it or I won't but my world won't fall apart. I'm giving up the things I shouldn't eat and it's not easy but easy is overrated and I'm all out of easy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..