Dark places - a review

Dark places -Gillian Flynn
The blurb "Libby day was just seven years old when her evidence put her fifteen year old brother behind bars.
Since then, she has been drifting. But when she is contacted by a group who are convinced of Ben's innocence, Libby starts to ask questions she never dared to before. Was the voice she heard her brothers? Ben was s misfit in their small town, but was he capable of murder? Are there secrets to uncover at the family farm
Or is Libby deluding herself because she wants her brother back?
She begins to realise that everyone in her family had something to hide that day...especially Ben. Now, twenty four years later, the truth is going to be even harder to find. Who did massacre the day family?"

Gillian Flynn knows how to write a good crime thriller, gone girl made such an impression on me that I didn't even know what dark places was about until I sat down to read it but it did not disappoint.
The story draws you in from early on as you try to make sense of what really w happened. I kept changing my mind about
Who was responsible for the murders yet none of my guesses were correct and I found once I got into the book I really didn't want to put it down.

I find it interesting how much the story drew me In when the main characters are not all that sympathetic, it seems she knows how to strike a balance. I disliked them but not so much that it took away from my enjoyment of the book. A worthwhile read if you're after a good crime thriller, I already have sharp objects, another Gillian Flynn book, lined up and ready to read

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..