One beer is 136 burpees

One beer is equivalent to 136 burpees, yikes. If that's the case I am still back dating burpees owed from my college years and that's only from the beer. Now I haven't had a beer In over two years because for some bizarre reason I was able to acknowledge beer didn't agree with me (possibly because its not all that delicious ) long before I faced up to the truth that it's the wheat in beer and about half the other foods in my diet at the time that was making me feel ill ( I blame bread for being so delicious).

Imagine if menus had a burpees equivalent instead of a calorie breakdown and the impact that would have on the food choices you make. For me it would have very little impact given how rarely I eat out but perhaps my fitness pal could add that feature to their app and it might revolutionise the way I snack, even more so if I was required to actually do the burpees after eating. In a way I'm almost glad this possibility does not exist seeing how much of a battle I already wage Witt calories.

Everything I have been reading on food of late reiterates the same Basic piece of information which is that not all calories are created equal and there is a vast difference between good calories and bad . The determining factors seem to centre a lot on the nutritional value of the food but it can be hard to get the mind around when you become accustomed to calorie counting. I wonder does it take the same amount of burpees or less to burn off the good calories?

Recently I did a workout at home that included 100 burpees for time which wasn't much fun and then I repeated about 4 days later, not because I'm some sort of sadist but because on my first attempt I'd only just fallen out of bed and my hundred burpees were pretty woeful in the time it took me to complete them do I felt obligated to redo it , to best myself if nothing else. Admittedly I'm not keen to repeat that anytime soon.

Out of sheer curiosity I did look online to see if anyone had gone to the trouble of working out burpee equivalents and came across this blog http://blog.spartanrace.com/tag/spartan-coaches/
Which has come up with a mathematical formula to work it out but they have only done it for junk food so I was able to
Read the list with a fairly clear conscience
Knowing I've long stopped eating everything on it. You might not want to look if you still eat pizza and ice cream.
Otherwise you can relax :)

Maybe I shouldn't worry about the burpee equivalent of what I'm eating now when I still have so many burpees to catch up on.
Mind you considering I hadn't heard of burpees back in college telling me the fries I was eating was equal
To 600 of them would have been unlikely to make an impact.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..