Spring cleaning

Just like a 1950s housewife I gave my apartment a much needed spring clean this morning. I'm In a peculiar position of not being fond of dirt but just generally being unwilling to give the place more than a basic tidy but I find the downside to living alone is when I don't tidy enough the places never gets properly cleaned,
It doesn't get any messier either so it all
Balances out really.

I don't think it's entirely my fault, part of the problem is I never really settled in Waterford at least not since I moved back here and I find the minute I have a day off I'm rushing home to squeeze in as many gym classes as my body will allow and hanging out with family and this just doesn't leave me much time for cleaning, a tragedy to be sure.

But here I was home on the weekend, no work till 12.30 and I'd finally reached the point where the mess creeping onto my counter tops and windowsills was starting to feel like an itch and I either had to leave the apartment or clean it. For once I chose option two and forgot how therapeutic cleaning can be. I found things I hadn't seen since I moved in. I found things I didn't even know I had and now I feel more relaxed in my apartment, at ease and somehow more organised.

I think the most interesting stuff I discover was after all the dirty work was done so to speak I found some stuff I had written on my laptop. Yes I'm that thorough, even my documents folder got a clean out and I came across a piece I had written some months ago on relationships, mostly on the last very damaged one I walked away from over a year ago and it was revealing but also it read like a blog post Before I ever had a blog so I'm going to post it. Who knows if anyone will read it and more to the point who cares. The whole idea is to put it out there into the universe and then move on.
Spring cleaning my apartment, my laptop
And my mind all in one go.
Damn I'm efficient

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..