Sharp objects -a review

Sharp objects - Gillian Flynn

Another haunting psychological thriller by the author of gone girl. This is actually her first novel about a reporter who is sent back to the small town she grew up in to write a story about the recent murders of two young girls. While home she explores the troubling relationship With her mother and tries to build something resembling a relationship with her precocious 13 year old half sister.

She's only supposed to be home to get an inside look at the murders but I stress finds herself delving deep into her troubled past and dysfunctional family.
The story Is full of plot twists as it goes deeper and darker in its exploration of a broken family and it was easy to
Get sucked in.

An promising voice in psychological crime. There should be more of this type of writing. Sadly it's a much neglected genre so il be waiting perhaps not so. Patiently for her next book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..