The perils of healthy eating

While there are many benefits to leading a healthier life, how I look now versus how I used to look and not feeling like crap all the time to name but a few, there are also a few pitfalls no one bothers to tell you about when they are ' selling 'the life style to you.

1) the amount of time you spend preparing food. I'm so very glad my living room and kitchen are in the same place because I swear since I started to really care about what I ate I've spending a disproportionate amount of time reaching into cupboards and taking veg from the fridge. I wouldn't mind only I'm still cooking a fairly limited range of foods ( a lot less limited than Before but still ) and at some point I will expand that further and eventually be unable to leave the kitchen. This week I made soup on Saturday and il get another two to three days before I need to make more, I spend a good 20 mins if not more every day preparing lunch for the following day and tonight I found myself making lunch, preparing dinner and making some coconut slices for the week, by The time I'm done I just feel like having a little lie down for myself.

2) the amount of money you will begin to spend on food. After my utilities that'd where the majority of my money goes. I definitely spent less before I was healthy probably one of the few benefits of my previous lifestyle. I find myself filling a trolley with mostly fruit and veg and then having to make at least a weekly trip to a health food store to meet my sugar free or wheat free needs and getting absolutely fleeced in the process. the people who run these stores are pretty Wiley( with the exception of holland and barratts which from experience I know hires only idiots and gratingly annoying ones at that making you not want to shop there even if they are the only place that sells the tea you really like) and so are well aware
That most of their products are not for sale in the local supermarkets which they take as an opportunity to charge you through the nose for them and also to increase the prices of their most popular products. I'd probably boycott them but then where would I buy my booja booja and almond butter

3) how much time you spend thinking about food. I swear in work by 10 am. Not only am I thinking about the snack il
Have on my coffee break but looking forward to my lunch and planning my dinner, nom nom nom. I have found as of late, since I've changed up my diet and taken a break from sugar, when I'm planning what to eat or just feeling pretty damn hungry I'm not thinking about junk food like chocolate or crisps. I'm thinking about salad or coconut slices or omelette so that can only be a step in the right direction.

Yes there is a bright side but This isn't it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..