Running 1- Laura 0

It has come to my attention that despite being reasonably fit and able to manage a wide variety of exercises I suck at running,

now that I'm fitter I'm not quite as bad as I was last year when I briefly took up running but I'm still left eat the dust of other far more competent runners every time I partake in a class or challenge that involves running. I hate the thought of seeming fit until it comes to running and then looking as though I've never exercised a day in my life five minutes in.

I took part in a challenge with the gym just before New Years and I actually felt like a lung had collapsed by the end of it. They had incorporated a run into the workout and I had spent much time avoiding running up to that point so you can imagine how spectacularly that went.
Since then I haven't practiced unless you count the warm ups before getting started in crossfit classes and its all been well and Good until I tried a class somewhere new that loves running. They love running so much they want to have its babies, everyone else seemed to be happy enough to get in line and run while I tried to keep up while fighting the burning sensation in my chest.

The truth is I was embarrassed. I know the joke about crossfit is that it's for people who want to be the best at everything. But I don't. I can accept there will
Always be those who are stronger and fitter than me but I want to be somewhere in the middle , not the strongest or the fastest but not the weakest or slowest either. Ideally I want to be better than I was last month or six months ago. I'm the one I want to beat.

So I'm starting a new plan or at Least I'm going to try to run at Least 4 times a week and I'll keep using run keeper even if right now my progress is so slow it barely registers I'm moving at least when I make progress il see it there and won't be relied upon to notice it myself and then the next time i do a running challenge i might not be the one at the front but I won't be lagging behind either


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..