An abundance of Katherine's -a review

An abundance of Katherine's -John green
This story centres on 17 year old Colin who is renowned for two things, he was a child prodigy and he only dates girls named Katherine. He has dated 19 of them to date and when he gets dumped by the 19th Katherine he embarks on a road trip with his best friend in an attempt to get over her. Instead of travelling the country they end up spending their summer in the first backwater town they stop in.
Yet another coming of age tale from John Green. I found myself drawn In early on and despite the main character being overly aware of his own intelligence abc slightly self absorbed I still found myself warming to him and investing in his story
In a way this reminded me of the perks of being a wallflower.
It's easy to see why this is a writer so many teenagers are enamoured with and I do feel if I was ever to grow up I possibly wouldn't find his books quite as appealing



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..