Blogging what is

*sidenote 'blogging what is' is not a horrible grammar mishap but instead a Turn of phrase I'm using to describe writing a blog post everyday regardless of whether I feel inspired to.

I have a mind that never shuts down. Even
When I really, really wants it to. It's constantly running in the background, thinking about books I've read or customers I've dealt with, reminding me of song lyrics I haven't heard in years or worrying about things that will ultimately work themselves out in the end. Sometimes it's just pretend dialogue running through my brain like a less terrible radio play. I'm sure this last one is either a sign of madness or creativity but I'm going to say it has creative origins because that makes me feel better.

I've always had the urge to write, I spent a lot of my teens writing melodramatic poetry and thinking I was the next Sylvia Plath ( I wasn't ). but even then I had a voice and I used it maybe a bit too
Liberally so everyone could know how bleak my worldview was.

This voice refuses to be silenced even when it lay dormant and I repeatedly told myself a story that I should only write when I felt I had something to say. I told myself this story so much that I
Forgot I could just write and see what I
Had to say instead of waiting around patiently for inspiration to strike. I could go months at a time not picking up a pen and then suddenly a dark mood would descend and bleak poetry would come sputtering out like I'd sprung a leak, one despondent word after Another would find tumbling onto the page.

It's only over the last few weeks that I've decided to write a blog and committed
Myself to writing something new every day regardless of how inspired I feel and realising it doesn't have to be poetry or heartfelt prose, it just has to be whatever's in my head be it amusing bookshop anecdotes, poetry, new lifestyle changes or just me feeling surprisingly introspective. It doesn't matter if no one else reads this, all that matters is I'm
Putting myself out there. Releasing my words into the World Wide Web and learning new things about myself along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..