Macaroni burgers recipe

I don't know if these are a thing that anyone outside my family eats these but I used to eat them as a kid and in a bid to reintroduce more protein in my diet ( I'm non fish eating vegetarian ) I've given them another go. I've recently discovered the joys of rice pasta but if you're not wheat intolerant you can also just use regular pasta.

What you need - makes two burgers
-2 eggs
- half a cup ( dry) rice pasta
- low fat grated cheese ( about 1/4 block)
- pinch of salt

Add a pinch of salt to a saucepan 1/2 filled With water and bring to the boil.
Add the rice pasta to boiling water and then reduce to a low heat.
Cook until pasta is soft ( should take less than 5 mins) then drain pasta.
Break two eggs and beat them until mixed throughly.
Grate the cheese and mix with the egg and then add pasta to the mixture .
Stir with a fork to ensure Its fully blended
Turn on a hob to a medium heat and put a frying Pan with a small amount of oil on it. Allow to heat for a few mins and then pour half the mixture into the frying pan. after 3-4 minutes use a fish slice to flip
The burger and then fry until its golden and crispy. It should turn out like the burger below and then it's om nom
Nom time :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..