Would someone get me some damn chocolate ( I think I might be stressed)

Today I spent my day making bunting for Saturdays party and I'm aware this does not sound like a stressful pursuit. Honestly
The making bunting part was actually quite relaxing. As an adult I really don't get enough opportunities to colour in :)
The bit where I start getting stressed is when I realise I don't have time to hang the bunting, kept getting interrupted by actual work I was supposed to be doing and I'm off tomorrow and I wanted the place to be decorated. I almost considered talking the bunting home to finish and that's when I knew I had a problem.
Next thing you know it's home time and suddenly I'm stressed, I'm wound tighter than a tightly sprung coil and I hear this voice in my head saying I want some f*$king chocolate. It almost makes me laugh when I hear it and think
Yes there goes my stress response. normally I am happy to oblige and before
I became Health conscious I'd be happily munching away on chocolate without Even being aware that anything had motivated me to reach for it.
That's how it goes I'm stressed and I want
To break out a bar of almond chocolate
The size of my feelings and eat until I feel happier or go into a diabetic coma, whichever comes first.
only today I had a problem, I've been off sugar a week now and I was hoping to maybe last a bit longer but if it all it took was one little burst of stress to to knock me off the wagon then I am rightly screwed because let me tell you I am a one woman stress factory.

Now I'm a smart girl and I know stress isn't good for me but I'm a born worrier
So I don't know how to stop. Just another thing to go on my to fix list.
What il work on for now is my stress response. Tonight I stayed strong and denied myself chocolate, mind you it was only because I drove to the gym straight after work and had totally forgotten I actually had some in my bag, well done to
My appalling memory. Then the class was so unbelievably tough I felt great just for surviving it and bam no longer stressed.
Sadly I can't always just break out some burpees in work when it all gets too much for me. Mores the pity


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..