Girls should wear dresses

The card pictured below was made by my six year niece who told me 'I'm drawing you in a dress because girls should wear dresses' as I sat there In my jeans and t shirt and considered myself told.
I find spending time with nieces to be an enlightening experience and I learn all sorts of things. I'm sure for the most part times have moved on but when you're a six year old girl who's still
Hoping to be a princess I'm clearly letting the side down with my very unprincess like clothes.

I find if you want honesty small
Children are a good bet, they have not yet learned tact so will be happily be upfront With you. I was niece sitting so my sister and husband could do a course in the UK and the six year old tells me she was sad her mummy would be away so she wasn't looking forward to me coming to stay and that she didn't think we'd have any fun.
The good news for me was she had changed her mind about the fun, as I put them to bed they both told me they wished I could live there and Maybe sleep
On the blowy uppy bed, a tempting Living arrangement but with my very own little apartment complete with its own double bed ( to enable me to sleep In a star shape , naturally ) so I had to turn it down.

another time i was informed that when I was grown up I'd be moving to Dublin. I'm 30, am I not grown up now? This idea is probably based around the fact that their teenage brother will soon be moving up
There soon for college. I'm not sure which bit worries me more , the fact that my nieces clearly don't consider me an adult or the possibility that im missing out if all the other adults are living in Dublin and
Here I am killing time in Waterford, a city in name only.

The little ladies also told me when I am as old as their daddy ( he's 2 years older than me) I will be as tall as him. I'm looking forward to that part as I'm
Only 5"4 and he's considerably taller.

And that was my weekend as Auntie Laura. Sparkly pictures and funny stories and some of the maddest but cutest drawings i have ever seen. Even if the six year old did tell me many times that she was disappointed in the wand we made6( mostly my handiwork) as it looked nothing like the picture. That's the trouble when you're artistically challenged trying to make things for a perfectionist but overall the weekend was a success. Never have so many fairy things have been made at the same time.
I'm tired and happy to go back to just being Laura again for a while but I'm
Sure the urge to make sparkly things will overcome me once again when I go back to being Auntie Laura




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..