"Laura -get your life together !"

I think a lot of people while in their 20's have some sort of idea of where they'll be in their life by the time they reach 30. I know I certainly did and let me tell you this is not quite what I pictured and now that I have less than a Month of being 30 left before I turn 31 (eeek) and I'm finding it small comfort that I'm frequently told I don't look it. Consensus seems to be that I look 22. it's a compliment and a nice one
At that but if all I've accomplished in a decade is that I've gotten fit and allegedly look 22 well then it's not much to write home about.

I was reviewing the life I have versus the life I thought I'd have and found myself coming up short. I'd completed college With a half decent honours degree ( in social care )and it seems I peaked there.
Since then I've enjoyed the joys of unemployment ( not that joyous) and worked in two call centres before getting my current job in the book shop.
Now don't get me wrong I love books. Sometimes I think I like them more than people and its great to be surrounded by them and have all the options of what
To read next. If I could I'd take them all home. I also like working with kids, I'm good at that but I know this it being my
Motivation for getting into social care In
The first place and its good that my job gives me ample opportunity to do that so it's not like my current job is completely dissatisfying. I would even go so far as to say of all the retail/customer service based jobs I've had ( and I've had a few) that this is the most rewarding.
But there are downsides like the wages are ok but not great and it's not like I should be expecting a pay rise so I'm permanently broke. also I don't think I want to stay in Waterford forever,
Considering I'd grown bored of it after college and had even gone so far as to move away. I only moved back here to be With a guy I was dating, real smart move.
Incase you're wondering how that's going we broke up over a year ago so yea that was some forward planning on my part.
and I don't have a reason to be here anymore but here I am.

So in the midst of all this where the hell is
My life going stuff I realized a few things. I do like my job but I can't do this forever.
I don't actually think I want to work in social care ( yea there goes four years well spent ) but I kind of always knew that and it was always supposed to be a stepping
Stone to something but I think I forgot to keep on stepping.
I cannot afford to go back to full time education but I still want to do something.
I've just received prospectus for open university so that's a possibility, keeping working where I am but learning and moving towards a career. Like the grown up il be one day when I wake up and no longer feel 15




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..