Quiet-a review

Quiet: the power of introverts In a world that can't stop talking -Susan Cain
Blurb- "for far too long, those who are naturally quiet, serious or sensitive have been overlooked. The loudest have taken over - even if they have nothing to say.
It's time for everyone to listen. It's time to harness the power of introverts. It's time for quiet"

this non fiction book takes an inside look at the mind of the introvert and examines their place in society drawing on case studies plus shedding light of the minds of
Some more famous introverts.

Personally, I found this book to be fascinating Although I will admit it took me a while to get into. I, myself am an introvert and I wanted to read about
Aspects of being an introvert that I could personally relate to. I think a lot of what I enjoyed About the book is,that in explaining the nature of an introvert, it made me feel more normal in regards to
My desire to have downtime where I find interact with others and also in explaining how for an introvert it can be incredibly draining to be in large crowds or to be constantly in the company of others be it at work or out socially.
I won't quite say I had a eureka moment while reading it but it was more like meeting a person who actually gets me. Now I know that's a strange thing to say about a book but meh, I already knew I was strange.
I think if looked at objectively it still makes for an interesting read particularly for anyone with an interest in psychology or just the dynamics of interpersonal interactions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..