My life would be so much better if I could only take my own advice

It's true. I'm reasonably intelligent and of fairly sound mind and I frequently give people good advice but somehow I can't seem to follow it which is probably why my life is a bit of a mess.

I'm sure there's more than one person In work that thinks I'm a bit mad when I'm refusing sugar and wheat ( no cakes for Laura , she's had enough ) and just sitting quietly in the canteen reading Byron Katie. Not to mention the fact that in the last few weeks I've checked out paleo for dummies plus fat chance ( the anti sugar manifesto ) yet despite all this and my other attempts to lead a healthy life I am so prone to stress it's beyond ridiculous and it's holding me back.

I get stressed About my diet ( being a stress eater this makes me want to eat crap which is not a helpful default reaction), I get stressed about my job, I get stressed about my bills, my car, my overall lack of direction in life and then every so often I remember that I suffer from stress related stomach problems and I get stressed about that ( counter productive at best). It's the one big thing that's standing between me and being healthy , well sort of.

I wish someone could give me more time/ money/sleep and then I'd have less to worry about but to be fair I'm
Known for my inventiveness so I'd find something to keep me lying in bed in the dark running through a mental checklist.

I think I need a mind holiday, just have someone turn off my brain for a few days or even a few hours and I could sit around discussing shoes and celebrity gossip
With barely a ripple beneath the surface.

It's exhausting, feeling Like you want something that's just outside your grasp but you don't know what the something is which makes it oh so difficult to take any steps towards reaching this goal.

And this is what happens when you blog from your phone with only a pulsating stress headache for company and the vague idea that you need to blog something.

So here's my advice for people who
Are not me

1) stressing about money doesn't solve anything so don't waste time doing it. Far better to sit down calmly and work out your finances to see where you can cut back spending or how you can pull
Together money for an unexpected bill

2) don't beat yourself up if you've had a bad food day, it takes more than one of these to make you gain weight

3) you don't have to have your whole live figured out yet. Even if you really feel like you should.

4) Try to remember that things people do./ say or things that happen to us are not what causes our distress but its the judgements that we attach to them.

5) Stress will make you sick. Find constructive ways to combat stress ( more of Byron Katie's the work , meditation, yoga , deep breathing and so on)

And finally I need to start taking my own advice instead of passing it around like the Christmas present I got off aunt Mary that I'm just trying to regift






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..