Coconut slices - the recipe

Since I went off sugar I've become borderline addicted to Natasha's coconut slices (see below In tin foil) but at €4 a pop it's a pricey habit to have so I'm finally after getting a recipe to Make them. see Photo below. I know they don't look like much but they smell good -wont get to taste test until later.

To make them you will need
Coconut oil
Cocoa powder ( green and blacks do a nice organic one )
Dark agave syrup
Salt
Desiccated coconut

this recipe should make around 8 coconut slices.
add 6 table spoons of coconut oil to a saucepan on a low heat
Then add roughly the same amount of cocoa powder ( I went with 5 table spoons) and mix that With the melted coconut oil.
Add a pinch of salt and a good squirt of
Agave syrup
Then slowly add the desiccated coconut to the saucepan until the mixture starts to look a little crumbly. Or as my sister says stop before it gets too white :)

Then spread the mixture into a baking tray and let it cool, leave it in the fridge a few hours to set and then om nom nom.
Try not to eat it all at once :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..