The carrier -a review

The carrier - Sophie Hannah
The blurb: "when her plane is delayed overnight, Gaby Struthers finds herself forced to share a hotel room with a stranger: a terrified young woman named Lauren Cookson- but why is she scared of
Gaby in particular? Lauren won't explain.
Instead, she blurts out something about an innocent man going to prison for a murder he didn't commit, and Gaby soon suspects that Lauren's presence her flight can't be a coincidence. Because the murder victim is Francine Breary, the wife of the only man Gaby has ever truly loved.

Tim Breary has confessed, and even provided the police with evidence. The only thing he hasn't given them is a motive . He claims to have no idea why he murdered his wife...."

Sophie Hannah has written seven books prior to this one, all psychological thrillers and having read and enjoyed them
All I knew what I was getting myself in for.
So much so that I didn't even know what the plot of the new book was until I brought it home.
She has a way of drawing you into
The story while at the same time you have no idea what is going on. From
Her earlier books I knew all was not what it seemed and there was no point in trying to guess how the twists in the plot would unravel as I'd always been unsuccessful before.
Having waited several months to read this book there was part of me that wanted to Savour it and draw it out as long as possible but there was another part that demanded to know what he'll was going on and you probably don't need to ask which part I listened to.

There is No doubt that she is excellent at writing within this genre. I have raced through all her books much as I have this one and found suddenly more time has passed than I wanted and not being ready to put it down to train at the gym or drive myself home. So I abandoned all responsibilities and gave in to finish this book and honestly I'm not sure what to think. The big reveal wasn't what I was expecting so I felt a little let down by that . I think I was expecting something more complex or out there but all the same it wouldn't stop me from recommending this book.
It is very well written and perhaps other people won't take from it what I did, I feel a lot of my disappointment is from expectations I'd built up by reading her earlier books


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..