Laura vs crossfit

Sometimes it feels like the path to fitness is an upward struggle and I just keep on falling down. Sometimes my days off work
In my favour and I can make it home for a few cross-fit classes but other times I find myself going four to five days without making it to a class which makes me sad and feel sluggish like a slug.
On the days like this I have trouble motivating myself out of bed for work never mind to get up earlier and work out.

I think I secretly live in fear that if I go too long without working out that I'd lose interest and give up and go back to being the old lazy me. On some level I know this isn't the case and all that's needed Is a class or two to beat me into shape.

I suffer from a shocking inability to motivate myself when I design my own challenges, I put it off, I loll about in bed. I'm too tired and too cold and I just don't feel like it. For every reason to be out of my bed at 7 am working up a sweat with a kettle-bell I have an equally valid excuse except for when someone else sets my challenge. I don't know why this is, perhaps it feels like homework when I am no longer only answerable to myself but for some reason it is the only thing that works for me.

This week I've been suffering with a head cold. For all of three days and if you didn't hear me whinging and sniffling then you missed out. Anyway this doesn't sound like much but I did a two classes Monday and by the time I did the second one I was starting to feel flu-ish and by Tuesday morning I had full on runny nose, permanently just about to sneeze, feel like crap head cold. I didn't feel like doing
Anything save wrapping myself in a bug blanket and sleeping until I felt better.
Aside from going to work I didn't so much as stretch until I dragged my lazy ass to tonight's class. Yes so In reality it was oh two days of nothing ( i.e. rest ) but it felt like so much more and I felt myself slipping away from fitness in that I didn't care when I next worked out.

For now my battle to get fit goes on, I wish it look less effort on my part but I fear il always be the uncoordinated one trying to hide at the back wishing I could be stronger, more toned and just better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..