Looks like I don't have a career in art to fall back on.

Today I spent my day niece sitting ( much like baby sitting only with nieces) and while doing some crafty type things with them I realized my Artistic talents don't quite surpass those of my nieces which would all be well and good if they weren't four and six.
Now to be fair to myself I am a reasonably smart girl so I wasn't exactly lumbering under the impression that I was the next Van Gogh. I think I was napping when those genes were handed out as it seems that I am the only member of my family who the opposite of gifted when it comes to art. My junior certificate offering was a particularly surreal mermaid sculpture my family still laugh about but I don't think surreal is quite what I was aiming for.

Over the years I've learnt to come to terms With my artistic limitations and i
Take comfort in the fact that I still hold the power to impress very small children ( if no one else)with my efforts.
We were making some quality sparkly fairy crafts today ( taken from 50
Fairy things to make and do) with the girls
And unfortunately they picked some activities that required help
Of an adult that's handy with a scissors and glue. I am not that person but my nieces still think I'm cool so who am
I to spoil the illusion. Despite my best efforts we ended up with a misshaped
Star wand and some of the wonkiest looking hearts I've ever seen. The end result ( as you can see from the pictures below ) looked absolutely nothing like the
Activity card and could quite easily pass for the art work of a young child.
On the plus side the girls were pleased with the results so I guess that counts as a win








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..