Why the hell is my alarm going off in the middle of the night ?

To anyone that's ever met me this is not going to be a shocking revelation but I just
Wanted to say that I am not a morning person. I don't wake up and leap out of bed, it's more a cases of groggily opening one eye and peering suspiciously around my room trying to work out why I'm
Awake when clearly there's more sleeping to be done.

I find I function best in the mornings when I can go at least an hour of being awake before having to interact with another human being ( inanimate objects on the other hand I can tolerate immediately upon waking) when I was younger and lived at home this was not a option
As I tended to summoned in the mornings about half an Hour before we left for school so I would slink downstairs my uniform askew to sit monosyllabically at the kitchen table . Gingerly adjusting to the light and morning noises. My brain not quite switched on yet, on more than one occasion I poured a glass of juice only to put the glass ( full of juice) back into the press or stood sleepily at the fridge trying to fit the box of cornflakes in until I realized what I was doing.
And I'd find ( this part hasn't changed) mornings leave me irritable, the grating sound of a radio discussion ( does no one understand the beauty of silence in the mornings) , the slurping and crunching and chewing of other people eating breakfast amplified to my poor delicate ears. I remember one particular morning when I must have been about 16 or so ( and usually I was an absolute delight) and it was early so I was sitting down to breakfast half awake listening to my father and brother compete to see who could make the loudest, most disgusting chewing noises ( or perhaps they were just eating t normally and it was just me) and I just turned to them and hissed 'could you just quit it with the sound effects ?'. Naturally my feedback
Was completely appreciated and immediately taken on board.

These days I live alone, which is good. It works for me as when I house shared I absolutely hated morning interactions. The only thing worse than having to make conversation first thing after you wake up is having to do it with someone you barely know. There is little to be gained from small talk over toast ( not that I can eat bread but you get what I mean) before 8 am. Nowadays I get to schedule my morning routine so that I have at least a good hour of pottering around my apartment reading and eating and showering and so forth before I head to work to be sociable with colleagues and friendly with the general public.
That is not to say all my mornings go smoothly. I am terribly inefficient so I make my lunch the night before and probe to day dreaming. I get caught up reading my book and realise I really need to get dressed and get to work. only yesterday
Morning I was writing a book review on my phone over porridge and I dropped the phone . It survived ( thank baby jebus) but
It goes to show morning Laura is not Laura at her sharpest



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..