The weight of water -a review

The weight of water -Sarah Crossan

The weight of water is a young adult novel about a young polish girl who moves to England with her mother in search of her father. It is a story about what it is like to be a teenager in a foreign country trying to
Fit and falling in love.
I will admit the beautifully illustrated cover is what drew me this book ( even though they say don't judge a book by its cover, I frequently do and I'm truly a sucker for a good cover) but then when I actually took a proper look at it I realised the author gas done something very unusual in that she has used poems to tell the entire story. Maybe a story told entirely through poems shouldn't work but it does to beautiful effect.

I really enjoyed reading a book in this style and I have to say its a shame that medium
Will probably put a lot of teenagers off reading it


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..