One glass of wine and I still have a hangover

Ok so it's just a tiny hangover but my point still stands. I nurse one measly glass of wine over 3 hours in a pub and yet despite this I still wake up Sunday morning with a throbbing headache and a mouth that tastes vaguely of sock. I look accusingly at my socks and then remember ah yes the glass of cheap pub wine that I paid a ridiculous sum of money for.
That's all I drank because I was being broke/good both to my waistline and my liver and also because I was remembering the disaster that awaits me in work today .
if I'm going to spend the four hours cleaning then at the very Least it would be nice If my stomach didn't lurch with every movement. another thing worth factoring in is aside from the badness in the drink itself I know from past experience that hangovers make me very permissive about my diet and I think I might cry if I fall off the sugar wagon so soon.

I think one of the things I've been hearing a lot now that I'm considered to be in the ranks of skinnier folk ( obsessed with fitness some people call it) is that this no means I'm no longer entitled to have hang ups about how I look. While I feel people are entitled to their opinions ( even if that opinion is wrong), its my body and I'm the only one who decides how i'll feel about it.
some days / a lot of days I still don't like how I look and that's because being slimmer is not a fix all and all my insecurity did not lie in being fat so it makes sense that it wouldn't just be left behind With the bigger dress sizes.

And then there's people who tell me I'm lucky, it takes serious willpower to not say HA! Really loud whenever I hear that because whatever I am it's not one of the lucky ones. When I was in college I often got pretty decent marks on my essays and exams but you know why I got good marks because I worked my ass off. That will always be the way for me. If I'm good at something it's because I practiced really hard or worked really hard to get it.
The same holds true as regards to how I look now. I am a lot slimmer/healthier/ stronger than I ever have been in my life and its not for a second because I just wanted it hard enough. It's because I literally worked my ass off to get here.

I've kept going through the I think I'm going to die and the I know I'm going to puke and I'm just not getting skinny fast enough. Now a lot of That is because I'm
Lucky enough to have a sister who runs a crossfit gym with her husband and they are more than happy to shout at me so I hold that plank or Keep doing burpees until the timer beeps.

I realized wheat was making me sick and I gave it up, I realized sugar was keeping me fat so I cut back on that. The same Goes for chips and so on, was it easy ? Hell no! And I'd be lying if I said I didn't still want some of those things. I do slip up and give myself a terrible time over it. I know it's not really fair And possibly the sign you should have made Better choices when the only remnants in your life of your most recent ex Is a voice telling you're not good enough and mooing when you eat chocolate.
So yes I am human and sometimes it is hard to say no to the things I want like lying down or eating sweets but then
I remember who I used to be and I see how far I've come and I know that when it comes Down to it, I want this more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..