Girl crush

Do you know what a girl crush is? no. Well then take a seat and allow me to educate you. Now just to avoid confusion I'd like to stipulate that I don't mean in the usual sense of having a crush on someone, i.e. when you fancy someone or only watch Hawaii Five O because Alex O'loughlin (thats commander Steve McGarett) takes his shirt off in every episode.
Like so but in a way that's totally relevant to the plot (those clever script writers).
sorry  I got a little sidetracked there, now where was I, ah yes a girl crush is an entirely different thing. It's when you think a female celebrity is so very cool that you might like to hang out with them and maybe be friends and not just so you could name drop with all your non famous friends.

so here's mine at the moment, Anna Kendrick. I don't know if you remember but she was in Twilight. Now If we were friends I'd be giving her a hard time about this, it wasn't a good choice, Anna ! but then again it put her name out there getting her roles in movies such as up in the air (with george clooney) and Pitch perfect so maybe it wasn't the worst choice.
Is it normal to see a celebrity and think you could be friends with them ? possibly not but then again I never claimed to be normal. That's for boring people. 
Anyway In Pitch perfect she plays this very cool character who just really doesn't give a shit and she auditions for the college singing group doing an acapella version of a song called 'when i'm gone' and using a paper cup to set the beat. You'll just have to watch it 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmSbXsFE3l8 see heres a handy link so you can do just that if you so choose. I'm lovely really. Anyway I just thought it was really cool and while I was a little jealous of her talent. She can sing and act, how is that even fair. Then I saw her being interviewed and she was all self depreciating when she talked about how she learned the cups song and I'm all about self depreciation, we could so be friends or not.

So that's how a girl crush works. I hope you consider yourself better informed now. Just like an actual crush (except my crush on commander Steve McGarrett) I will eventually get bored and move on to someone cooler or more interesting but I'm pretty sure Anna Kendrick will be fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..