Human remains - a review

Human remains- Elizabeth Haynes
Blurb "how well do you know your neighbours? Would you notice if they lived or died?. A chilling new thriller and a hymn to all the lonely people, Elizabeth Haynes new novel preys on our darkest fears, showing how vulnerable we are when we live alone - and how ordinary lives can fall apart when no one is watching "

Elizabeth Haynes is best known for her first novel 'in the darkest corner', a thriller that will strike a cord with anyone who's been in a bad relationship. It seems to have been her best work and human remains, while well written does not compare. The premise of the book is that
an analyst in the police force notices an alarming spike in the numbers of people found dead in their own homes, their bodies found months after they have died, badly decomposed but the deaths are being ruled as not suspicious. The analyst
, Annabel, suspects there is something more sinister going on and her suspicions
Are confirmed. I'm not sure if it was the subject matter or how the lead characters are written but something about this book didnt sit well with me and I almost have the urge to read something light And girly just to rid my mind of the slightly dirty feeling left in the wake of the book.

I'm not quite sure how I felt about it by the end. Certainly it was
Better written than a Lot of crime fiction out there nowadays and it seems
To have made more of an impact on me than a hundred other crime fiction books that describe death in far more gruesome detail but I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..