If you're happy being single.

If you're happy being single then good because there's a whole world out there. By happy I don't mean desperately seeking mr right but settling for mr right now because that's not happy, that's tolerating being single and it's not quite the same.

everything I read on being single tells you how to enjoy it, celebrate and then hurry up and find someone to date but surely that's contradictory advice and is sending mixed signals. Why should life be a rush from one relationship to the next. I've never been one to believe that being with
Anyone is better than being alone buy then again with my questionable taste in men I'd probably be wise to ignore my own advice.

It's all not all getting drunk and crying along to all by myself so I think in that sense Bridget jones hasn't done single women Any favours in her portrayal of the single woman. I think while I identified With some of more squeamish moments, on the whole I have found my own pursuit of happiness a little less desperate.

For me being single is safe, does that sound bad? and maybe it does but my last relationship wasn't a good one so
I'm still relishing that sense of freedom and maybe feeling a little bit like if I don't
Put myself out there then I won't get hurt. Now I know that's not exactly the key to
Long term happiness but for now it suits me just fine.

I'm enjoying my own company and putting my needs first for a change and knowing that when I take part in this wedding show for work, that idea of me modelling a wedding dress doesn't leave a boyfriend sitting terrified at home, thinking il have marriage on the brain. It's
Not really for me I think, but I might as well enjoy my outing the white dress all the same ( amid the fear that I will somehow spill something on it)

So maybe it's that I'm a little bit content
With the balance in my life and a little scared of rejection, which for the record I don't think is anyone's favourite but I
Must say it helps living here in Waterford
City because what I've seen so far isn't all that promising and it's much easier to
Resist when there's no temptation.

For now I'm going to do my own thing but maybe if you see me buying cats and vodka and a cd of all by myself you
Can confiscate them and push me out into the big bad world of dating.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..