I don't ever want to see him again


I wrote this at twenty but a lot of it is still relate-able now which probably says a lot more about me than the poem.

I don't ever want to see him again  

I don't ever want to see him again,
I don't ever want his eyes to meet mine
and extract stories from my soul.

I don't ever want to be with him again
and watch his trembling mouth mold
the truth, creating stories out of insipid lies

I don't ever want to smell him again,
the allure of manly scent lightly tinged with sweat.

I don't ever want to love him again and
feel my heart quicken with his every touch.

I don't ever want to hate him again,
I can't bear the burning anger behind my eyes,
twisting my soul.

I don't ever want to hear him again
and have his voice lull me to sleep with fairy tales.

I don't ever want to know him again
and drag myself through the misery 
of broken love and tearful hearts.

I don't ever want to touch him again 
or feel his intimacy of his hand in mine
and watch his eyelashes throwing
moth like shadows on my skin.

I don't ever want to love again
and feel my skin being peeled back 
to reveal my new and bleeding soul.

I don't ever want to cry again
I have cried enough.

I don't ever want to see him again.
I want to erase his memory forever from
my heart and wake tomorrow 
in a place where he does not exist,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..